Monday, August 14, 2006

Allergies?

I don't believe in allergies. I just can't get into the idea of tiny little invisible things taking me out of commission. It's a ridiculous bull-headed stance, but I feel that sometimes, being a psychosomatically... dickheaded (does that make sense?) to whatever may be ailing you can help. So I adamantly dismiss all allergic symptoms. Eye of the tiger. Fit as a fiddle. All that shit.

(Last time I jokingly said "fit as a fiddle" at a party I walked out with a gash on my arm that required nine stitches... and just now, after typing the word 'stitches' I ran to the kleenex box here at work and sneezed like an elephant)

Whatever the cause, I've been kind of shitty all weekend. Nose, throat, fever, nausea. But I still don't feel full on sick.

Regardless, I tried to get some things done this weekend, dammit.

Friday night I stayed up doing some work on a jingle we're recording at the house for Days Inn. It's a little 30 second spot for radio. We are hoping this will open the door for more jingle work. It's fun so far.

I also started work on an acrylic painting. I've been an oil paint man for close to ten years. Recently though I've become more curious about acrylics and bought a set. I decided to recreate a photo taken by the lovely Rena Coen. www.renacoen.com

I'll upload a picture when it's done.

Saturday was the Annual Kiley Mexican cookout. This year instead of pouring 14 assorted Mexican beers down my throat to douse the four pound pile of assorted Mexican cuisine, I stayed dry and gave motorcycle rides around Quincy. The ladies of the party were pleased to have a shuttle service.

Later on that night RAOV played down the street at Dee Dee's. My old man used to hang out there before he moved to Colorado. I never want to play that place again. The sound is terrible and there's a pole dead center of the "stage" area.

Sunday the house went out for family dinner night to celebrate Boston's Restaurant Week.

We chose Tangierino's in Charlestown. If you've never been to this little hidden gem, think the palace scene in "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom". Great food. Great beer.

So now it's Monday. It's beautiful out. Just gotta keep busy.

4 Comments:

Blogger MG said...

hey, thanks for stopping by (better yet, commenting, you know otherwise I'd never know you did)

12:14 PM  
Blogger MG said...

oh yeah, I'm with ya on the allergy hoax ;)

12:14 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Well??? What's your poison? I dig the Julio. Silver.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I told everyone else to give you comment love, I guess I should step up and do it myself.

You seem to have left for lunch. Since then that blasted cell phone has rang three more times, I called my credit card company and talked to some woman who's accent was so thick I don't know WTF is going on with my account, and I just finished an iced coffee that Desiree funded.

Just thought you'd like to be kept in the loop since you hadn't heard from me in, oh, three minutes.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home