Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Bike gang

The first dirt bike I had was when I was in 8th grade. It was an MX80. An ancient, extinct little Yamaha that I drove into the ground as a kid in North Carolina (Literally and figuratively). After I was done doing my time in NC (from ages 9 to 15) I moved back up to Boston.

Bought a Suzuki Savage a couple years ago and drove that until some douche from NH veered across three lanes of traffic and I ended up pretty much sitting on his hood.

I still own the "Purple Dragon" and am trying to sell it's old ass.

I recently bought a VN800, dubbed "the Admiral" and now that is my pride and joy. I was excited as all hell when my roomate Marc up and bought a 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville.

We ride any weekdays we can since we have odd schedules and can get some nice riding in while the nine to fivers are at their desks.



Our initial thought of course is "dude we need a bike club" but 1. as of now there are only two of us, and 2. we have no idea what to call ourselves.

Something non-tough. We're not tough guys. Something that conjures up imagery from 60's B-movies. Something cryptic. Like the Amboy Dukes or the Green Emeralds.

Any ideas? Any recruits?

12 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

these, or any combination thereof, are my suggestions, pick or rearrange based on the gang's personality.

mersey pacemakers

the five mile comets

the chastity brood

alley sands

the six bridges

the dope street blondes

live thunder

green-eyed wave

cage glories

the rumble pushers



-t

3:09 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

BAM!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Damn dude, those are pretty much what I was looking for. Good work.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey buddy just so you know the Green Emeralds are a biker gang. Further more they are a chapter of the Outlaws.

Just so you know.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Yeah I knew they were real. I just dig the name.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

I didn't even notice I typed "green" instead of "red"

Whoops.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Actually, I kind of like the name "The Chastity Brood"

I'm taking that one back.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What -do- you do for a living?

7:42 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

I work a shitty office job full time. Anything creative I do on the side. I'm trying to correct this.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to be in a bike gang with you two homos. But first, I guess I'll have to get over my fear of getting on one. I guess that makes me the homo now, huh?

12:29 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Someday you may get sick of being the only thing that stands between you and cool stuff. Until then, I'll be on the Admiral.

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the bee's knees brigade

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home