Thursday, August 17, 2006

Bike Club Pt II

So the other night I cruised around with Marc. I parked outside Bukowski's and waited for him. Odd thing was, I parked next to his bike and he hadn't even left the house yet. There was an identical Triumph T-100 Bonneville next to my bike. Later on after a burger and a couple rounds of water we met the owner of the doppleganger Bonnie.

While eating we figured it'd be best not to meet the dude who owned the other Bonnie. It'd be like Timecop or something. Something bad would happen to the universe.


But we met her. Cheryl, the owner of the bike, was a nice attractive woman, maybe in her early 40's-ish. We're going to go hang out with her and other Triumph and BMW riders tonight in Cambridge.

So last night on the way to pick up a six pack Marc and I were talking about more names for the bike club.

Tom, the Five Mile ______ thing has stuck with us, just to let you know. We may still use that in conjunction with some animal or something. Five Mile Condors?

One of us blurted "Flying Spiders?" and we both cracked up and pictured a kickass logo. Screaming Spiders?

A spider with it's eight legs spread out in mid-flight... two huge eagle wings spreading far and wide.

It's not final, but it sort of fits what we want. Campy, not really tough, cool logo opportunity, etc.

We also thought about "The Screaming Hand" because we're both big Jim Phillips fans.

If you get a chance, look up some Victorian slang websites. That's where I looked for possible names. There's some funny shit on there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

First of all, I love Bukowski's. I've only been to the one in Inman Sq., though, not the one in the picture.

Secondly, "Victorian slang websites"?? WTF? Those sound oddly cool. Can you tell me the URLs of some?

6:47 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Yeah I've never been to the Inman one. I used to live at the Boylston one though. The other night was the first time being there in years.

Here's the slang...

http://www.tlucretius.net/Sophie/Castle/victorian_slang.html

6:53 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Wow - that's awesome. I think you guys should call yourselves the "Bacca-Pipes", which means "Whiskers curled in small, close ringlets."

;)

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home