Thursday, November 30, 2006

Dammit, Boss

The one week I want my boss to be in and he's out almost every day.

I want to talk to him. Offer him a deal. Hopefully not get shut down.

I can't work full time anymore.

I'll start knocking old ladies out at random if I have to continue to give a third of my week to financial printing.

Plus I'm actually trying to do things these days. Trying to sell paintings. Trying to engineer in a recording studio. Trying to start a tattoo apprenticeship. Trying to keep playing in a band. I've chipped away at each of these things, and it's felt pretty cool to do so, but it also reminds me how rigid my life has been. How far up my ass the "man" has his hand.

I'm going to hopefully talk to my boss today. I have no idea if he's in as of press time. More later. Hopefully good news.


UPDATE

I talked to him finally.

He's open to the idea. The key was to keep the conversation geared towards the fact that I'd like to take classes, not the fact that this job makes me want to drink a bottle of bleach.

He has to research all sorts of shit. I pitched a three 8-hour day a week schedule. He needs to check with his higher ups to see if it's even possible.

At least he's open to it. Step one finished.

4 Comments:

Blogger banjeroo said...

Good luck man, live the dream. Rah!

Um, this coming from a HUGE corporate-whore-sellout.

I have half-finished paintings at home too. I think I'm going to do an animals-wearing-lipstick series.

Seriously, hope it goes well.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, good luck. Then you can get the fighting trucks prints together before your visit...

11:44 AM  
Blogger To Be Announced said...

Good luck! I hope it works out.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home