Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Kroenen on wheels

Anyone who is familiar with either the comic books or the recent movie Hellboy knows the character Karl Ruprecht Kroenen. He was born in 1897. He had angelic features and a voice to match. He sang until puberty ended his career. He was also a sadomasochist and cut his own eyelids and lips off. He looks cool as hell in my opinion. Well, with his mask and stuff on. Without it he's terrifying.



Last week Skip and I took our first ride together on the motorcycles. It was marvelous. Riding 2 x 2 just like in CHiPs. Ponch and ... the other non-Ponch guy.

We stopped by an Army Navy store downtown to get some new goggles for night riding. He chose some big ass fighter pilot goggles. I chose a highly uncomfortable, mark-leaving, bug eyed pair of Swiss goggles. After I tried them on we remarked on how Kroenen-esque they would be with a black mask. Sweet.

Here they are. I am channeling Tom Waits' brilliant performance as Renfield in Bram Stoker's Dracula.



Here's what I looked like when I rode around Friday after buying a balaklava. Not baklava. Balaklava.



And after I remembered that I have this sweet hat hanging high on my wall.



Enough about that. Pinhead is nearly done! And he has a pet tiger. A ceramic pet tiger. The frame will be on soon, but I have to take a router to the wood on the back this week in order for the canvas to fit.



www.hookermedia.com

9 Comments:

Blogger Noelle said...

He is a scary dude. If he were more inclined to give the thumbs up every once and a while like you do, he'd be a lot cooler.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate you more and more each day. So that would mean I hate you the most today. But not as much as tomorrow (::shakes fist::).

Don't bring that mask near me.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fucking A.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Counsel Langley said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Counsel Langley said...

somehow your interpretation of pinhead reminds me of nixon. i am thrilled he keeps company with a tiger. (someday i'll learn to type all the letters and words i intend and not have to delete my comments.)

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything about this entry is going to give me nightmares. Thanks.

-Sask.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Lewis said...

All you need now is some mad knife expertise, kung fu skills, and a clock interface instead of a heart.

That guy was creepy in the movie...but what an assassin..

10:56 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

I tried taping a stopwatch to my chest but it didn't do shit for me. Neither did the butter knives taped to the tops of my hands.

11:16 AM  
Blogger PR said...

Okay, I can't even remember what I was looking for when I found your post-- Oh, it was Tom Waits as Reinfield in Dracula-- You have me in tears! You're funny as hell!

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home