Friday, March 30, 2007

Wretched surprise

Got some good progress last night both pre and post work. March is poo season at work so we've all been staying late and doing overtime. We'll have to work both days this weekend as well.

Still, the painting continues. Here is the first painting I started for the upcoming spring-themed art show for the Red Dot in April.



When I was at the Red Dot last weekend and Jeff, one of the curators, invited me to be in the show I instantly got this image in my head. I only have the background done and a ramshackle photoshop reference thrown together.

Even Death gets spring fever and loves to frolic.



I need to come up with a few more paintings for this show in the next week or so and I brainstormed on the train ride home last night. For inspiration I went up to the saloon and took photos of my old victorian couches. I got to work and before you know it I had a case of sleepy eyes and the beginnings of the painting below...




About the wretched surprise.... Just a little while ago just after 9 am, I was taking the photos of these canvases in my office and I heard this horrible wretching noise. And another. Another. I looked outside and saw a dude propping himself up on our stone wall heaving into the yard. Then he'd move ten feet down and repeat into our yard.

I threw open the front door and barked "THE FUCK?" at him. He quickly looked up and apologetically patted his chest, lunged down the street and kept heaving.

"What did you do for breakfast today? Oh a western omelette? Sounds good. Yeah I had a Puerto Rican guy barfing in my yard."

Enjoy the weekend, all of you who aren't working both days.

www.hookermedia.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

digging the new paintings. i love your couches.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fucking Scoops. What an asshole.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home