Friday, April 27, 2007

Triptych 3

For anyone not familiar with my triptychs let me give you a bit of background.

I had no idea what a triptych was until I discovered Francis Bacon in highschool. I tried copying this one in art class...



A while back my friend Dara had a photo exhibit and I went and I really wanted one of the framed photographs she had on display. I offered her a trade and she went for it. In the back of my head I always sort of feel like I'm swindling someone when offering to trade one of my paintings for something.

She wanted a painting but she had no idea what she wanted a painting of.

I had her give me a list of words. Adjectives, nouns, verbs, anything. I came up with this.



Next triptych started when I ran into some highschool friends at the Fort Point open studios. Same deal. No idea what they wanted to I asked for a list. Here's what came of that...




The third and latest triptych came once again through a trade agreement with an artist in Washington named Counsel Langley. I hornswoggled her into a trade and she gave me a list and promised me this painting...





So here now is my third triptych which will soon be shipped out West to it's rightful owner...




Enjoy the weekend, everyone.

www.hookermedia.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the middle painting of the Frances Bacon one you tried to copy.



I still want triptych of my own.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

you never messaged me your list.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Counsel Langley said...

i love it. can't wait until it shows up on my doorstep. next order is my 15 yr old motley crue uber groupie portrait...on my myspace... email me if you're interested and we'll talk terms.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Those are great... I'm jealous I don't have one.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home