Friday, August 18, 2006

Odd dreams

Today I woke up around 7am from an odd, vivid dream. I haven't really remembered any dreams in detail in quite some time. Lately I've been waking up feeling really groggy and have had some wacky dreams. Today only one scene really stands out from the dream I had.

I've never been much for horror movies or zombie flicks. Most people I know dig that type of stuff. A friend of mine that I ran into last night named Rot, (nickname) who has worked as an embalmer for the past 13 years is in the process of opening a clothing shop in Allston that will also feature a rare collection of horror dvds. He loves the whole horror culture. I saw the original Night of the Living Dead when I was about 9 one rainy Sunday and it freaked me out so bad I wouldn't really talk for the rest of the day. Christ, I still can't watch the Thriller video without getting freaked out. Yes, I'm a sissy.

So the dream was not really one that sits well. I was in a house with a few other people and it was under zombie attack. We knew this and we were busy preparing for the shuffling, groaning masses that were making their way toward the house.

After a few minutes of watching them scratch at the doors and windows, a knock came to the door. It wasn't frantic or anything. Nothing like another healthy person seeking refuge. I went to the door and saw a couple chubby kids. Probably early 20's. One boy, one girl.

The girl was in worse shape than the dude. She stared off into space and had the black circles and the whole zombie look going. He had some gore on him, but nothing outlandish.

"Mah sister is sick" he muttered.

I let them both in. He told me they need to be put out of their misery. It was clear that he was on his way to zombie land and his sisters was already too far gone.

I ran and grabbed an ax from a tool shed and they had already lied down on the floor.

With a swing I lopped at the kid's head. Missed a clean shot and made a Pez dispenser out of him. No struggle or carotid artery spray though. I finished the job with another whack.

His sister was a better shot and she was beheaded easily.

Then I woke up with the expression on my face that you're probably making.

Maybe it's because before bed I read some of "A Peoples History of the United States". Reading about Columbus, Cortez, Pizzaro, the English colonials in Massachusetts and Virginia slaughtering natives by the thousands.

Either way I need to get a good sword and a hatchet in case of zombie attack. Blades don't need to be reloaded.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night I dreamt I was having a conversation with my grandfather and he looked at me and said "Who are you again?" Which is like my biggest fear .. that with the Alzeihmer's he'll forget me. In the dream he was also hallucinating (as a side effect of some medication) and he was describing his hallucinations to me. That was creepy and sad.

Wow. What a bum out story.

Happy Friday WEEEEE!

3:16 PM  
Blogger the.exile said...

I had a dream one time that I was trapped inside a hospital that was being overrun by the living dead (not that different from my reality at the time... two parents as doctors I spent more time hanging in hospitals than any sane person should in a normal childhood).

The dream ended with us barricaded in an office consecrating vodka to holy water drive back the unrestful dead.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home