Friday, November 03, 2006

Finally my liner has arrived.

People who've read this humble blog since the beginning (only a few months ago) may remember that I am working on a tattoo artist apprenticeship over at Pino Bros in Cambridge.

It's been a slow process. A skin disease course. A blood disease course. CPR certification. Finding an artist willing to take an apprentice on. Everyone, meet Ben. Ben will be my mentor from here on out.



I hear he eats beaver like a champ too, ladies.

Since the first day I went by the shop to check out how tattoo machines work I've been working on getting all the equipment I need to start tattooing. There's quite a bit that I have to buy. The first piece of the puzzle I picked up was a "liner". The type of machine used to ... make lines. I have yet to buy a shader, but that will come next.

Most websites that sell machines won't sell to anyone without tattoo credentials. I found a seller on ebay that didn't mind the fact that I have no tattoo experience. I picked up this beauty for a decent price and, after a fucking month of finger biting, paypal complaint filing and angry emailing, I got the machine tonight.

FINALLY. I'm ultra excited about this. Cannot wait.



My roomate Marc got home and I yelled "DUDE... LOOK WHAT I GOT" at him while thrusting the machine towards him. He inspected it up close and went ... "It's... is it a music box?"

Bzzzzzt. Tattoo liner.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet. Bring on the free apprentice tattoos.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Guinea pigs line up.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um I know you were just trying to get the machine, but that's a really cool pic.

also, that wine? so good. i hope you finished it.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be brave and be the first in line.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

My little marine.


Thanks jenny. I'm hoping to get endorsements by gorilla glue, twin fin, jack daniels and crafstman.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Touch me, she woman.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twin Fin is faggot piss, faggot.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Look at the wine master over here.

You're in my next entry.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home