Tuesday, August 29, 2006

RIP Glenn Hughes

Today I woke up later than usual. I usually wake up without an alarm between 8:30 or 9:30. I woke up around 11:00. This is beginning to sound like Mr. Brownstone. I think it was upping the ante of my usual workout routine coupled with working on a painting until 2:00 a.m.

Anyways, I wake up to my roomate Marc watching season three of the incredible Arrested Development.


I made breakfast and sat down to watch an episode (or five) with him.

David Cross' character Tobias mentions Glenn Hughes. None of the other characters get the reference, and the notoriously closet-gay Tobias pretends not to know what he was ever talking about. The show's narrator, Ron Howard, explains that Glenn Hughes
was the original biker in the Village People.

So the morning turns into the afternoon. I hope that the rain will wane down to overcast but dry skies. No dice.

So I suit up. After much dilemma I go to the dark shadows of my closet.

I suit up and I make the ghost of Glenn Hughes flap his wrists in delight.

I suit up in black leather chaps.

Now you may be asking... or unfortunatley you're probably not asking "why does Hooker own a pair of leather chaps?"

Earlier in the year my band played the WBCN Rumble at the Middle East in Cambridge. We all split up and got lunch after soundcheck and somehow our drummer Phil and I ended up in Hubba Hubba, a leather shop on Mass ave. We joked about how funny it'd be if I wore leather chaps on stage.

After talking the guy behind the counter down from $150 to $100, Phil and I split the cost of the chaps. The other guys didn't know about them until we were about to go on.

So I still have them, and dammit, my legs were dry as I rode in the rain.

So Glenn, I know you're up in that big YMCA in the sky, but I hope I made you proud.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home