Monday, November 13, 2006

Weekend recappiness

What the hell day is it? Oh Monday? Yesterday wasn't? I'm all screwed up. Yesterday I worked a day shift which I usually only do on Mondays. But I'm being redundant... Weekend recap time.

Friday I met up with my friend Tacky and handed the original Thanos over to him. Had some beers and called it a night.

Saturday I woke up to a lovely day and was excited to be able to wear my little toy death helmet instead of my full face helmet while riding the bike. I headed up to the Bayside Expo Center to play guitar for three hours straight using a VW Bug for an amp.

It was an odd gig to say the least. I showed up and walked over to the Volkswagen area and told a dude behind the counter I was here to play guitar. He looked and sounded like Ned Flanders. "We'll yer the man then!"

He handed me the guitar and off I went.

I started just jangling through chords warming my hands up. When larger crowds would gather I'd rip solos and play riffs that people knew.

I was 5 for 5 with requests:

"Some Boston" Sure. "More Than a Feeling", comin right up.

"Hell's Bells" Right away, sir.

"Stairway" Fine.

"Stairway again" Fine. Here.

"Smoke on the Water" First riff I learned. Here, dude.

So it was a sweet way to make $60. I got to walk all over the interior of a brand new Bug while blazing riffs out of a crappy guitar.



The rest of saturday was canvas buying, as seen below, drinking and sleeping.

Sunday I worked as stated 18 times before, then grabbed a few beers at home while I recorded some acoustic solos on my friend Mark's new song

THEN... HIRAX.

We finally got to try out our new banner that I painted.

We have a long-standing obsession with pop culture and warshed up TV actors. We have a song called Tom Selleck. His face adorns the cd face of our latest release "Cathartes Aura"

Years ago I made a shirt that appeals to our metal side with the Baphomet adorning the front. But it also appeals to our penchant for Busey.

I give you...

BUSIFER



On the left. Not our drummer, the homeless Tarzan.

The show was sweet. The guys from Hirax are way too nice to be wearing that many spikes. Check them out in Rochester tomorrow. Wait... do I have Rochester dots? GIVE ME MORE DOTS.

I'm gonna go steal cold pizza from the fridge at work. Breakfast of champs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The banner that I painted" pffff. you DID have some help. I paint a mean left side of the body, buddy.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home