Thursday, December 07, 2006

All Fizzled Out

So the show last night went well. Really well. Lots of rock. Hot chicks. Booze.

The set we played was a trainwreck, from Johnny's bass drum sliding away from him for the first four songs, to me unplugging my own amp three times, to missed notes and fucked up timing... but it still went well. The people were rocked.

Speaking of trainwrecks, today I woke up in leather pants on a couch and realized that I was still drunk. At 1:20 PM. Also realized I left my shoes at Johnny's house, and wearing tattered cowboy boots to my boring white guy office job wouldn't really work out too well.

Went to TJ Maxx and found that they have no men's shoes at the Brighton location. With time ticking I was given a lift to Faneuil Hall where I bought a hideous lumberjack buttondown from American Eagle and some brown dress shoes from ... some shoe store... thus spending my hard earned cut of the show money on shitty clothing for this stupid job I'm sitting at.

So far I've ingested a pink star burst and a hershey kiss for breakfast.

At least I got most of the eyeliner off before schlepping through the door. Most.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

did you at least take a picture of the ensemble?

3:49 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

there probably are some. but i don't know who has them.

4:14 PM  
Blogger To Be Announced said...

Sounds like you had a good week, though! I mean, your life isn't quite as exciting as mine, spending the days with 8-year olds and the nights correcting papers and falling asleep, but not everyone can lead the rockstar life that I do.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home