Monday, December 11, 2006

Weekend recap

Friday night I had a great time playing the Middle East upstairs with RAOV. The crowd was nuts and I think after years of having pretty much only friends in the crowd... we actually have fans. People I've never seen before coming out to check out the show.

Damn good night all around.

Saturday All Fired Up had a disastrous time making it to our show at the Shriner's Auditorium. We dealt with forgotten gear, a parking ticket, a car accident, inadequate equipment issues, hell, high water, locusts, rivers of magma... etc. But in the end we ended up playing for a thousand people that night. It was awesome.

Sunday I woke up stiff as a board after sleeping on my friend's couch. I watched a few episodes of pimp my ride for some reason. Idiot.

Headed back to Quincy and hit up my uncles' house for a turkey sandwich and the first quarter of the Patriot's latest abortion.

Went to Weymouth to see my buddy get married. Drank a lot.

Took the bike into work today. Tonight I have to finish the hell out of my last commissions before Christmas.

I'm leaving for NC two days from now and I'm planning on dropping off the face of the earth more or less.

I need it.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you, bring me back a NC prize :)

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give Donna a hug for me.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Lewis said...

We'll leave the light on for you...

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have come to the sobering conclusion that you have been diagnosed with the rare disease "MesoDoTooWayToomanyThingsAndDrasticallyOverscheduleMyselfCariginoma Syndrome.
Cure- Take a vacation. Realize that yes, you are exceedingly successfully talented at many things. But try not to do them all in the same week.
Have a nice trip, Matthew.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

That "I need it" at the end is making me cringe.

I don't know why I wrote that.

Last week ruled.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!! You know, last time I saw you, we weren't even old enough to go to bars...

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have MesoDoTooWayToomanyThingsAnd
-DrasticallyOverscheduleMyself Syndrome too.

i trust you will enjoy your time away. i've been hiding in my house saying no to plans a lot lately. it's kind of amazing.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home