Monday, February 19, 2007

Newark

This weekend I went down to Newark NJ for a friend's wedding. I was in the wedding band.

I won't get into all the crap that went down while arranging the transport of all the stuff to NJ. Luckily it was handled mostly by my roomate and not by me.

We stayed here.



The Hilton in Newark. Smack dab in Newark.

Here's the view from our hotel room.



Bleeehhffhh.

I'm back. I'm not in Newark anymore. That's all I got today. I'm here at work and the Securities Exchange Commission isn't open. That's like opening a .... god dammit I can't come up with a good analogy.

Bleh.

6 Comments:

Blogger L. Craig Schoonmaker said...

That is not only not in the slitest funny but it also qualifies in anyone's book as lying to your readers, and in many people's book as group slander. People who want to see what Newark REALLY looks like can see hundreds of fotos at http://newarkusa.blogspot.com and http://www.ResurgenceCity.org. What would possess you to issue such an outrageous and MALICIOUS visual lie?

3:26 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

What possessed me? I had a terrible weekend and Newark is a shithole.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha. this is my favorite memory of newark:

http://www.renacoen.com/gallery/d/6796-1/113_1318.JPG"

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering that you're not familiar with the city in any way, shape or form, it is disingenuous for you to be so flippant about what you don't know. As with all cities, there's good and bad. But much more good than frightened out-of-towners at the Hilton are able to see. And considering that you live in a town that wets its pants at some modified Lite-Brites, it's a bit hard to take you seriously at any length.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

The mayor freaking out about lite brites has nothing to do with me.

I wasn't frightened in Newark. I was choked by the smell. On the way to Penn station my breath was taken away from the smell of burning plastic mixed with dog crap.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

.... and when have i been screaming to be taken seriously? It was a tongue in cheek jab at a city. My blog is not a highbrow collection of literature that demands to be taken seriously.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home