Monday, February 05, 2007

Weekend recap

Well it's another sunny but frigid day. I'm going to continue working on the new paintings I started last night, but first I'll give a weekend recap.

Friday I took advantage of my boss being tied up on the phone with his insurance company describing a recent fender bender he was in and slipped out the door just a little before 4 o'clock.

Everyone was expecting snow or maybe even a Noreaster Friday evening. I took the long way over to the BCEC to meet Jenny and enjoyed the stroll through Fort Point channel. The weather was perfect. It wasn't too cold, wasn't too windy. The sky looked nice. Highly enjoyable.

I was lucky enough to get a ride out of town with Jenny and we dealt with nearly no traffic. We stopped at a supermarket and picked up the aforementioned cupcakes and Busch and then headed over to the Red Dot.

From the time I got there to the time I left friends of mine were dropping by to check out the whole scene. Some of my family showed up, some old friends I hadn't seen in forever, some people I only knew as acquaintances... just tons of people. It was a really cool feeling. One piece sold that night, the latest Truck Wars. Very cool.

Saturday my friend Ryan came up from Brooklyn to practice with myself and two of my roomates. Together we form what will be Ryan's wedding band in two weeks. We're packing up and heading to Newark to play in front of a bunch of old people. Should be interesting. I swear my throat was bleeding from singing the lead on Bon Jovi's "I'll BeThere For You" and Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again". We do a sweet rendition of "Walk This Way".

After practice nearly a dozen of us headed to the good ol' Foxy Lady in Brockton for Ryan's impromptu bachelor party. It was a tame night by Foxy standards.

Sunday was more practice, dinner at a sushi place, cursing Peyton Manning's name and new paintings.

When they are worth showing I'll get some progress pictures of the new paintings up.

Happy Monday.

www.hookermedia.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad i made it over to scope out the quincy palace. side ponytail club is funny. your aht looked great, though i could have handled a less stuffy art gallery vibe. cursed for coming late. i love LAX!! also, i can't wait for the octopus to evolve. all hail hooker! (and thunder road)

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home