Monday, February 12, 2007

Tired of metal

I've been tired of metal for a number of years. It started with Sabbath tapes bequeathed by my uncle when I was barely old enough to use the tape player. Then the whirlwind of Metallica, Slayer and Pantera as a pre-teen. Then death metal in highschool. Then more death metal. Then the Gothenburg sound exploded. Then back to death metal. I loved it all.

I haven't bought a new metal album in forever. I believe the last one I bought was Mastodon's "Remission" when it came out. As much as I loved Remission I didn't bother to listen to anything they put out after that despite the hype. I just stopped buying metal altogether.

Now it's official. Slayer has won a Grammy.

Bleh.

The singing/screaming combo, ultra slick production, chug chug riffs and predictable drumming have bored me to death since it started.

The ultra-spazzy, mathy metal has always bored me since it started.

I'm going to go listen to Seger on vinyl.

This sucks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

New Manowar April 3rd. It could be good. Probably not, but it could be.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home