Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Progress

So the installment is up and done at the Red Dot, as we all know. I worked for two weeks coming up with the material and luckily (depending on how you look at it) commissions have slowed this month. I'm taking the down time to work on some pieces for my own enjoyment.

I recently got lost for hours trolling flickr.com for photographs of anything and everything. It's sort of like youtube where you search for something and before you know it an hour and a half later you're still on the site, but you have no idea how you started and how you got to where you are at the moment.

I started work on rendering two photographs from flickr. I'll show them and their photographers when I'm done with the pieces. Here is a little preview on the progress I've been making this week. The last painting is something that popped into my head months ago and if you know me at all, you're not surprised by the fact that the scened depicted randomly appeared in my mind's eye.

Enjoy.







www.hookermedia.com

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i see a HUGE demands for prints in your future. i love it.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

thanos bombed. we'll see.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

big bird is hilarious!
i do that on flickr too, it's fun.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that middle one is awesome.

p.s. i should have bugged you for the dryers when i was in quincy!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Noelle said...

I LOVE the big bird. Love it.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home