Tuesday, September 05, 2006

NYC this weekend

My brother has a cool bday. New Years Eve. I used to say to him "you're lucky your bday is on NYE. Everyone in the country is aware of that day. It's not just another day. A random day. Like my birthday September 11th."

So everyone is partying on his birthday, and instead of my birthday being an anonymous day tucked in between summer and fall like it used to be, it's now the anniversary of the worst American tragedy since Pearl Harbor. (The anniversary of that tragedy is the date of my drummer's bday).

Anyways, over drinks in Montreal for my brother's 21st bday, we slurred that we should go to NYC some time. He's never been and I haven't been in over a year.

So we're finally going for my birthday.

We just got our bus tickets yesterday.

I have started checking out galleries I might want to hit up. Here's a cool one I found on the Juxtapoz website....

www.mccaigwelles.com

which is featuring this guy's stuff.

www.rrobots.com

This guy's stuff is in Brooklyn and the prices range from $40 to $2000. My kind of art show. The normal guy off the street might actually be able to leave with an original piece of art.

I've hard artists in Boston ask me to be part of shows (that never get set up anyway) and they've said "I want to keep the prices down. Nothing too exttravagant, maybe around $2000 per piece"

HA!

I'm extremely lucky to get $250 for a painting. If I ever got $2000 for a piece I'd do a standing backflip.

Anyways, I'm excited about my NYC trip. No plans, no place to stay, no nothing.

Look out for us down there in Manhattan.

Here's us like two years ago...



9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't decide who has a worse birthday - you or me.

Your 21st definitely was the worst birthday in the history of birthdays.

But I think overall, I get the short end of the stick here. The past couple of birthday/holidays I've ended up alone. Nothing is worse than being alone.

You've got the whole city this year. I'm jealous (and repetetive). Have fun, be safe and I hope all your birthday wishes come true. Except that two chicks at once thing. Don't get AIDS.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

I've been alone on the last few bdays you big girl. My father goes "oh shit that's right monday.... damn. well i'll try to give you a call. no guarantees. you know"

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've had people around you tahd ... was this last year or two years ago? I can't remember: http://tinyurl.com/l3yhh

You get back on your actual b-day, right? We should family dinner or something. Eat (say it with me) CAKE.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

yeah i'll be back the night of. after i get out of class i'm down for whatever.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Have a great weekend in NYC.

Don't take the Fung Wah. :)

4:59 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

yeah seriously. fucker flipped over?

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've decided. You need to post more pictures.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love those pictures. i loved that night.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

there'll be pictures after NYC i'm sure. i'll try to recreate the bottom one.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home