Friday, September 15, 2006

Goodbye, Savage

Today I finally sold my first bike, the Suzuki Savage. Or as many knew it the "purple dragon"

I had a message from Don, the old ex-harley state trooper who lives two blocks down my street who I recently met, when I woke up today. I started breakfast and just before eating went into the other room to grab my phone. There was already another message. The old coot is impatient in his retired days.

I called him back and he drove his huge white pickup truck up to the house. He handed me some Franklins and I had to walk the bike down to his house. Thankfully I sold it to a guy who lives on my street. I would have had to lift the thing into a truck to be shipped somewhere else otherwise.

I showed Don the studio and the saloon and he walked through amazed, telling me about how the barn used to be. "There used to be a big ass hole in the floor here... that's where the corvette was lowered into the basement."

We hung out for a few and shot the shit and I suggested we ride some time before the season is over. He said he'd call his buddies. Charlie, Grasshopper, Benny.... Charlie's in Florida chasing girls in their 20's. He likes them young. Don got my email address from me and while pulling out of the driveway he stuck his head out and goes "I'll send you some nude shots of the last girl Charlie got for himself... Enjoy"

So so far it's a good morning. Sold my old bike, possibly gonna get some nude pics of a girl in Florida that some old retired biker is nailing. Hmmm. I'll click with caution.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RIP Purple Dragon.

They say you never forget your first....

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still want a ride on the new beast.



Kristen

11:36 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

should have told me at Nance's. I would have taken you up the main drag a few times.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He may have been exagerating that 20 year old thing... young to a retired biker may meean she's in her 50s.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

I asked to make sure. He said in her 20's. Unless he's flat out lying...

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home