Tuesday, September 12, 2006

NYC



"GEEEH???"

NYC was, as you may expect, a good time.

We had a hell of a time getting there in the morning. We left the house about 8:30 or so. The ten minute walk to the subway, the wait for the train... no big deal. We get one stop up and the conductor announces that five the subway stops in downtown Boston are closed because of some electrical problem. Shuttle bus service, no big deal. We only have like five stops to go any ways.

Then we sit in between stops and wait another 10 minutes. Our bus is at 10:00 am. It's about 9:05 and there's no sign of moving.

So when we finally get to the next station we hop off to get a cab. No cabs at the cab stand. I call one. There are like four companys in Quincy that are all quick and decent. We wait. 9:15. 9:25.

Finally a cab comes. Traffic on the highway. I see it before we get on. Take back streets. Going ways the cab driver had never seen. I tell him to pull over and then we sprint 12 blocks to the train. Well, my in-shape brother does. I clonk along in cowboy boots with burning lungs.

We made it.

The movie is the Pink Panther with Steve Martin. I want something really bad to happen to Steve Martin.

We walk around aimlessly in Manhattan for hours. Get food. Check the city out. Hit some random art galleries.

Got a drink at my buddy's bar Phebe's on Bowery. Meet up with him and his brother. Get free dinner and drinks. Jameson and Guinness on repeat.

We meet some girls I'm friends with, Jess and Kirsten. Head over to the Maritime Hotel for some incredible sushi. Giant Sapporo's.

Then out bar hopping. We drop our stuff off at Jess' beautiful apartment in Chelsea. My brother and I are fading fast. Beer is switched out for whiskey drinks at this point. Andy Milonakis is drinking at the bar with us. Odd looking man child.

The next day we hit up Brooklyn. The Weiss McCaide gallery. I was going to buy a piece from the www.rrobots.com exhibit, but I would have had to get it shipped a month from now and the girl working there was a total douche for some reason.

We strolled through Brooklyn after I saw a sign for Indian Larry's garage. We couldn't find the place unfortunately. I would have loved to check it out. RIP Larry.

Back to Chelsea to pre-game with the girls. We headed up to Jess' roofdeck for some amazing views of Manhattan. Sparks and Bud to start off. Terrible alcoholic jetfuel. Then we barhopped as it should be done. Split up from the girls so they could enjoy the company of the English boys they were making out with without having two ogres sitting in the booth with them.

Met up with my old roomate Neil, builder of the amazing Mu Amplifiers. Ended up on some other roof deck party. Saw some girl piss all over herself. Went back to the apartment after my brother and I had a drunken pullup contest on some shaking awning outside some dive bar. Idiots. Passed out quickly.

Sunday we decided to come home instead of our original plan of coming home Monday morning. Glad we did that.

That's about it. Nothing too crazy to tell. No real deal tourist stops or anything. Just a couple dudes hanging out and getting bent with some friends.

Here are the few photos I took. Enjoy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Sounds like a good time. My best friend just moved back to NYC, so I'm planning a fall trip now.

I really want to check out some old pubs & dive bars. Any ideas?

10:58 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

I'd recommend 151. Although I can't remember the street name for the life of me.

The library was alright.

Go to Phebe's and tell Ryan Hooker sent you.

Lit is a hell hole but it's pretty cool.

Snitch might be a little too shi shi but I had a good time when I played there.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Thanks, Hooker. :)

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home