Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Crazy Cat Lady & Pumpkin Flavored Stuff

last night the weather was too perfect and Skip and I cruised into town after work to get some subs at Newbury Pizza. Skip has a special place in his heart for Newbury Pizza. I had never been there. The only thing good about it is that it doesn't bow down to Newbury chic decor. It's an ugly little place that has those cheesy white letter rearrangeable peg board menus. The subs were pretty gross. Skip's diet still makes me weep. The "meat" on his steak & cheese looked like miniature elephant knees with yellow goo all over them. Wrinkly little folds of grey gristle. Stop the madness.

Anyways... after that we stopped by the Pino Bros tattoo shop to hang out for a bit. Ken, their head artist, showed me a new bass he bought, we shot the shit with everyone...etc. One of the guys asked us about our bikes. He, and nearly everyone I talk to these days, wants to get a bike.

We walked him around the corner so he could check out the bikes. That's when the crazy cat lady bolted from her porch and implored us to do something about her cat which was in a tree.

At first I thought she was Spanish, but after a few minutes of her screaming at the cat in her native tongue, I couldn't tell where the hell she was from. I just knew that the way she kept whining the cats name "AAAAANYA... AAAAAAAAAAHYNA?" over. and fucking over. and OVER again was giving me heartburn. I blurted "ALRIGHT... give me a minute and stop saying the cat's name" as I stood on one of her kitchen chairs reaching for the furry bastard.

We finally got her up on a ladder which was procured from the shop. She yanked the cat by it's tail like she was pull starting a lawn mower. Then she gripped it by the front legs as she waddled down the ladder.

It was heroic.


PUMPKIN

Anyone else dig pumpkin flavored stuff? Ice cream, beer, bread? It's starting to be in season now. One of the sweet things about Autumn.



Smuttynose ale makes a pretty good Pumpkin Ale. They even have a cute little seal on their labels if you're into cute little seals.





Shipyard Brewery makes a damn good one. At least to my novice taste buds.

That's all I've tried thusfar. I need to find more.

On a side note, any other blog people have to silence the voice saying "this post sucks" before hitting "Submit"?

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

pumpkin beer is one of the only beers i like. blue moon makes a delicious one! plus the label has actual pumpkins on it. you can't beat that.

2:15 PM  
Blogger rooroo said...

michelob has a pumpkin spice but i've never tried it. i thought i'd had a harpoon that was pumpkin flavored once but a quick google shows that i was mistaken.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, I agree about the Blue Moon pumpkin ale being delicious. Another good one is Post Road Pumpkin Ale, by Brooklyn Brewing Co.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home