Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Screaming down the highway

Weeks ago while coming home on 93 south I was almost sideswiped by an ambulance merging into my lane without looking. I screamed for a few miles after the near miss. Not out of anger, per se, but out of the sheer joy of still being alive and upright at 70 mph. After that I realized that screaming on a motorcycle is a lot of fun.

I can imagine what I must look like without the full face helmet on screaming at nothing in someone's rearview. It's quite therapeutic really.

Screaming on smaller roads and at stop lights is fun as well. People don't know what to make of it. Skip and I rode the other day and as we were crossing the Mass ave bridge, which was full of slow traffic and pedestrians I screamed "I JUST FARTED" at him as we rode next to eachother in the same lane a la "CHiPs".

Singing on the bikes is great as well. Call me crazy, but if two bearded dudes on motorcycles pulled up next to you singing the song from "An American Tale" loudly, wouldn't it brighten your day a bit?

Look out for us.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would be so psyched if i was walking across the street and you and skip drove by singing on your motorcycles. hilarious! --danielle

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home