Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What is it.. Wednesday?

I can't keep track of this week for some reason. Today was dedicated to the Admiral. Changed the oil, shined his chromed ass up, cleaned the air filter casing.

If I didn't have to drag my ass in here today at 2:00 after maintaining the bike and taking Sophie for a jog, I wonder where I would have gone.


Yesterday Skip and I took a ride up to the Mt. Auburn cemetary in Watertown/Cambridge. A week or so ago we took them up to the Arnold Arboretum in JP. Both places bring to mind trite adjectives for big sprawling areas with lots of pretty trees.... words like uh..sprawling, lush, dense, fertile... green? Purty.

We ambled about yesterday looking at some of the more ridiculously lavish.. ah "lavish" that's another word.. gravestones. Then I noticed a small area of "grave plates" that didn't peek above ground at all. We tried to make up life stories for a Russian woman with a beautiful name who died in 1953 at the age of 27.

No. We're not gay. Swear to god.

Later on Skip, while perched on some huge structure built by Christian Science people, said "you should blog about all the faggoty shit we do during the day"

So the riding season is coming to a close, as we all know, but I'm going to try to bring my camera out to these daytime excursions so I can bring you more quality faggoty shit than my competitors. My faggoty shit won't be topped.

Stay tuned.

Oh, and suggestions for places to go and check out are welcome.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

if you haven't already, check out the forest hills cemetary

http://www.foresthillstrust.org/

4:01 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

yeah i drive by there on the way to practice. can i leave my bike without it getting fucked with?

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the main criteria cool cemeteries or fun rides? I have a couple suggestions for both . . .

5:03 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

both. either. anything.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, then I looove driving through Minuteman National Park in Lincoln/Lexington/Concord - http://www.nps.gov/mima. I also love Walden (http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/northeast/wldn.htm) and White's Pond in Sudbury.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

nice. thanks, guys.

i wanted to go to world's end a month or so ago but i kept calling it land's end and google yielded no results because of my mistake.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home