Thursday, September 21, 2006

the Sharking

This has nothing to do with the Sharking, my roomate's band, but I'll start with an anecdote.

We have clients inhouse here at work. They stay from morning till night tearing up their documents with edits. They order food. We vultures get the leftovers. I just went to the bathroom and staring up at me from the urinal was a 2"x2" chunk of a brownie. The hell? 1. The cleaning lady (who I sort of have a crush on despite her being at least 15 years my senior) will have to fish that out and 2. Don't eat at a urinal, you smelly douche.

So you remember that game at the carnival where you have to aim the water gun and shoot the clown in a certain spot? I took good care of that pesky brownie.

Pesky. What a weird word.

SO. The Sharking.

Yesterday over lunch at Asian C, a sweet ass Chinese place in Hingham off Derby st that has a $10 buffet that rules, Skip, Anthony and I talked about their band's upcoming show at Harper's Ferry in Allston. They are in need of a bass player and I volunteered. Normally I wouldn't play bass for another band. It's an odd principle thing that I have, but the Sharking's bass lines are awesome and they are too good of a band to not do this. I'm excited.

Check out the sharking Here.

If you're in the area, come out next Saturday, the 30th and watch me play 4 strings instead of 6.

I have to get my Rickenbacker copy bass fixed up and sounding good.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought someone talking to me in the bathroom was gross. EATING in the bathroom AT A URINAL? SO MUCH WORSE. I'd say it was he-fatty, but he wouldn't waste food like that.

As for the Sharking Show. 2 requests: 1) obviously a hilarious dedication to Kiley. Mention crying on cocks and the like. 2) you guys have to play the best song .. does it have a proper name? Everyone's favorite that they never recorded. DO IT.

Also, is it really the last show?

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like The Sharking a lot.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blog synch-age is annoying. your comments don't even show up. you already have two and it says zero.

we really need to fix this.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

NO. F-ING. WAY. We've found another connection, bloggers. My good friend Patrick, who tends bar at People's Republik, is friends with the guys from The Sharking. I might HAVE to check out this show now. :)

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love The Sharking guys ... little did they know when they all moved in together that I would sneak my way into that house. ;)

They are my favorites.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

stacey do it. the show will be fun.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home