Thursday, December 21, 2006

I've been everywhere, man?

No.

It's become more and more clear to me... I don't have a passport.

The furthest I've been off of North America is the Bahamas for a few hours. I checked out the Garden of the Groves and Sidney Portier's house.

Check out the lyrics to Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song".

I have every resource of the modern man (except for my own personal jet) needed to travel to far away lands.

No dice as of yet.

Every time I travel out of state I remark to myself how strange it is to wake up in one state and go to sleep in another.

Sometimes on tour I can't keep track of the day, the city, the state, the timezone... etc. But it's not enough.

My buddy Keith who's staying with us until the 30th is a drum technician for high-profile bands. He shuffled in tonight while I was mixing a session I did last month and lamented about how though he thought he had the week off he got called to fly down to NYC to do Letterman with the band he's currently working for. Last time he was here he geared up for Japan before leaving our house.

Wanderlust I believe they call it. It grips me so.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do we lead parallel lives. I started filling out my passport application THIS MORNING because I can't get to Sarah and Tony's wedding without one.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you finally get your ass up into the sky on a long flight, remember this: the tokyo airport fucking rules. if your travels go through there, make sure to schedule a long layover, because they rent these amazing compartmentalized shower rooms that you rent by the half hour, and they're totally sanitized between each use, and they have everything you could need in there... excellent shampoo, lotion (heyo!), aftershave, blah blah. there's a little vanity area and a sink and a toilet and a shower, and the water pressure is fucking perfect, and it's like your own little pad in the airport. well worth it. also, you can rent sleeping compartments. so cool! follow it up with yummy noodles and a guinness, or sushi, or whatever. but the guinness part is important.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home