Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Last Christmas

Dammit. George Michael's "Last Christmas" is stuck in my head yet again today because of someone's myspace page playing the song.

Oh what a whirlwind of idiocy this Holiday season has been.

Last year was Holiday Bender time. Everyone in the house, including our many houseguests, was all-guns-blazingly drunk most of the time from December 1st to New Years Eve. This year money's a little tighter and we're all a little older.

I had a show Friday night and opted to stay dry for that. Saturday I cooked a sweet ass dinner. Chicken breasts with rock shrimp white wine sauce. First try came out pretty good I must say.

Sunday I got my younger brother to come out for Christmas Eve kareoke. He drank about a half dozen rum and cokes and then polished off most of a liter of jack after we got back to the house.

I was livid the rest of the night as he tried giving me the drunken heart to heart. I had to drive both of us down to Cape Cod yesterday while he kept making loud clicking sounds with his throat as he choked back vomit. It was wonderful.

All in all it was a nice Christmas. Hope everyone had a good day too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't count the part where my grandma starting telling my entire family how grandpa was "a horny bastard back in the day," then, yes, it was quite merry indeed. :)

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thaaaaaaaaanks. ;)

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home