Friday, March 23, 2007

Not a bad couple days

So now that I'm going to post about what I was excited about yesterday it doesn't seem nearly as awesome. But it is. So what the hell. Just keep in mind I'm a complete ass and it'll all read smoother.

The other day I was on the computer at the shop and this girl who got a small tattoo on her wrist was standing and watching while her friend got something touched up on her shoulder.

I had been chatting with them both since they came in and they were both nice and it was pleasant and all that crap.

So I'm on the computer and the girl tells me to search for her myspace page. I do, and she points out a photo of her and another smiling black woman. It's Queen Latifah.

I love Queen Latifah.

No irony, no smarminess, no joke. I have a crush on Queen Latifah.

Turns out the girl went on Oprah and met her. Hung out with her. Has her phone number. Address.

Also turns out Queen is going to be in Boston in early May.

I must meet her. I asked the girl if Latifah's skin was a perfect and smooth in person as it seems on t.v. 'tis she said. She also likes motorcycles. I wonder if she likes white guys built like praying mantii. Mantises? Mantii?

....and now the good things about the last 24 hours.

Last night at work we had a large in house client. They left two platters of sushi literally untouched. I had carte blanche on about $200 worth.

Earlier today I got stopped by a dude at a kiosk at the mall. He somehow coralled me into trying some Dead Sea salt scrub thing. As I walked away from the kiosk I noticed I got a year's supply for $3.05 instead of $35.00 when he screwed up the credit card transaction. Gay that I bought Dead Sea minerals? Pfff. Whatever. I'll have smooth, supple skin. Like this guy....




On the way home I heard a song I fell in love with nearly 10 years ago. A song from the year 1969. A song by R.B. Greaves called "Take A Letter Maria".


That's all I got. Enjoy the weekend. U.N.I.T.Y.

www.hookermedia.com

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loved this post. if you get the queen on the back of your bike please make sure i'm there to take pictures.

i'm going to go smoke now. the end.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Oh of course.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Noelle said...

Do you think he charged you $3.50 just to get you hooked? I'm dying to know, when you call Queen Latifia, do you call her Queen? QL? Latif? Please keep us posted!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

He didn't know he screwed himself I'm guessing.

He thought he was clever saying "Ees sebbenty nigh dollare... baht... I can talk to my manasher..."

Then they did this convincing little powwow and knocked the price down to a remarkable $30 plus tax.

11:17 PM  
Blogger shelleycoughlin said...

We definitely need a report in May: I must know if Queen Latifa is as awesome in person as she seems on tv. And damn, that girl's got great skin.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Swellarooo!

1:51 AM  
Blogger kate.d. said...

i am also kinda in love with queen latifah. my jealousy, i mean um my interest, is piqued. if there's a meeting in may, i hope we get an insanely detailed report....

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home