Sunday, March 04, 2007

All I ever wanted...

A few weeks ago in Newark I was part of a ragtag wedding band that hammered out a few classic fist pumping songs like "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake and "White Wedding".

The groom Ryan (who was also the bass player in his own wedding band) being a huge Elvis Costello fan, threw the song "Human Hands" into the mix. That one was particularly fun to play and was only the second Costello song I've learned to date. Coincidentally, years and years ago I recorded a version of "Allison" with Ryan for my cousin of the same name after someone close to her died. It's not exactly a pleasant lovey song when you really pay attention to the lyrics, but it was a well received effort nonetheless.

And now, after my pre-requisite tangent, I present the second Costello-related coincidence.... After I got home from the wedding I was contacted by my friend Angela about painting her her very own non-velvet Elvis. Here he is today after a day's work...



I got some commissions at the beginning of the weekend so stay tuned for progress on such subjects as Boston, Paris, two headed birds and all the stuff I'm working on for my own jollies.

www.hookermedia.com

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This might be my favorite one yet. Good work.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing. I think bust v. peestance-oddhead was a good choice. I'm psyched for this to be M-I-N-E mine.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one days work??? ONE DAY,matthew???how unjust. how grossly unjust.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Well, not including the background.

2:33 PM  
Blogger nancypearlwannabe said...

Oh crap. My grandmother used to have Viennetta logs in the freezer and we were never allowed to touch them- they were my grandfather's "midnight snacks". So my cousin and I took a whole one and ate it behind the bar; we felt sick for days.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home