Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Done with China

Goddam it's cold out today. I went outside today at 8:00 am to take the plates off my van and in three minutes my fingers turned into pure ice. Worst part is? I can't find my awesome flannel flappy hat that my mom got me years ago. It's around here somewhere dammit. On the way to work my ears are going to fall apart like a delicious, flaky Vienetta ice cream treat log.

Holy shit. Remember those?



Moving on.

Taipei is finally finished. I'm just going to call the painting Taipei since it's already force of habit, even though the photograph I used as a reference is actually a place called Kaohsiung.

Check out the painting under the Oils section on my website and let me know what you think.

www.hookermedia.com

I also made more progress on the Barcelona Cathedral. It doesn't look like much, but this pillar section on the right took a total of four hours to get to where it is now. Pray for me, people. And if you're a reader from Spain who has the opportunity to actually go to the cathedral itself... si puedes poner una vela para mi.

Here's the progress.





Bundle up, suckers.

WHERE IS MY FLAPPY HAT THAT MY MOM GOT ME.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stole your flappy hat and I'm wearing the flappy goodness on my head RIGHT NOW.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

I found it before leaving the house.

It was under some crap in my room near a guitar stand.

You stole an asshat.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what does that say en espanol; would you be able to...for me..?
i wanna know.
and i had a thought that a cool idea for you would be to make a goal for yourself to visit the places you paint.
or maybe i'll make that goal for me..to visit the places you paint.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Yeah I thought about that. Later on get photos of me standing where each of my paintings are set.

Who knows. One can dream.

Maybe Taschen will fund my travel for a book.

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that means "light a candle for me".
Tony and I went to cathedrals in Portugal that looks like that.
That's going to be beautiful!

Love the Elvis one too.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

ding ding ding.

winner

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm. Vienetta. i don't remember when it was that it had that, but i remember not feeling like i could possibly get enough.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home