Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Loft party

Saturday was a good day. Got up early and painted and then my buddy Gary came by around 6 and we loaded up his truck with artwork and headed to the South End for an art party.

We had no idea what to expect and when we got there. We pulled down Harrison ave and then down the dark street that was on our scribbled directions. The street was like some sort of valley made of endless, identical brick fortresses.

We saw a dude putting a crappy scribbled sign up in a stairway out front and sure enough he was Kurt, the dude who put the whole night together.

He wasn't an artist or anything, just a regular dude who was "bored" and decided to do something worthwhile with his time by putting nights like Saturday together for local artists. He's a rare breed and a very cool kid.









I brought a twelver of Bud and realized too late that I forgot to eat dinner. I was benevolently drunk by 11 pm, giggling all high pitched and uncontrollably at all the nonsense pouring out of my mouth. I didn't sit in the corner like a fat kid at a prom though. So that was good. Talked to people and had a great ol' time.

Next time one of these rolls around I'll let you know in advance.

www.hookermedia.com

2 Comments:

Blogger To Be Announced said...

Sounds like fun!

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm drunky. What's that kid doing smoking in the yar.....I like that house. HE HE HE HE HE. WEEEEEEEEEE!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home