Wednesday, March 21, 2007

More Paris

Not Paris Hilton. She looks like Powdered Toast Man.

The painting I'm working on.



I'm excited about how this one will turn out.


And here is a little gem I found tonight while looking in a drawer with old papers and photos in it.

THIS ... is the Matt Hooker Signature Series custom shop order form. As you can see Mr. Hooker was very particular about details on his namesake guitar. With good reason too. He was a founding member of the seminal singer-less, gig-less, original song-less metal band "Nepenthene" back in 1994.



It's funny looking back on this fantasy guitar I drew for myself back in the day before I ever got the chance to really play a variety of guitars and see what I preferred.

This guitar would have featured:

24 frets. ... i hate 24 fret. prefer 22.
a rosewood fretboard.... i prefer ebony
a whole mess o' pickups and pickup variations. .... i use a bridge pickup and that's about it.

I'd still love to see this thing built if for nothing other than the MELTING SKULL GRAPHIC!!!

www.hookermedia.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

wow, matt it looks great!! i'm psyched. i already picked out a place to hang it in the living room. yay!

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is fucking precious .. and paris is gorgeous.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With good reason too. He was a founding member of the seminal singer-less, gig-less, original song-less metal band "Nepenthene" back in 1994.

hehe :)

11:58 AM  
Blogger To Be Announced said...

Back in 1987 my dream guitar was one that didn't have nylon strings! I got it about two years later... :)

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home