Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday post of awesome stuff

I don't have anything clever or poignant or whatever to write. Not that I ever really do. So today I'm just going to list a bunch of stuff that I dig for no reason. A rainy Friday blog post. Damn is it rainy here.

Awesome staple of my life #1.



Jif peanutbutter.

I eat it straight out of the can, on bananas, Ritz, toast... whatever. At least two large cans a month. Skippy is too sugary. Reese's in the can is a joke. I choose Jif.



#2 Phil Lynott from Thin Lizzy.

Who else could pull off having a fro, creepy moustache, being a half black Irishman in leather pants all while writing some of the best songs in one of the best bands ever? Phil. Go listen to Thin Lizzy "Runningback" now. If you want me to email you an mp3 of it let me know.



#3 Liquin.

Most people talk about how oil paints take too long to dry. I understand their pain. I also used to find it frustrating how thick and unspreadable some paints were. Liquin is a drying agent that lets me get more work done quicker and it thins paint out just enough to help me wash large canvases for backgrounds. Thank you, Kiley for bringing it to my ignorant little unschooled art world.

#4 FLH Harleys.



I love the lines on these bikes. The curves, how they sit, everything. I've never driven one, but if I had my choice of a custom bike it'd be modeled after an old FLH.

#5 Bud from the can.



I have no idea why, but the end of this week has found me craving Bud from the can. Last night my roomate called to me as I stepped in the side door, which is right next to the fridge asking me to grab him a St. Pauly girl and one for myself if I wanted. I love St. Pauly Girl. I grabbed one of my Bud cans. I think it's like fast food. Sometimes you just crave it. I can't say the same for myself with fast food, but sometimes I'd rather slum it with beer.

#6 Calling myself "Best Man"

I stole it from this....



Sometimes I yell it like a superhero war cry in the supermarket or wherever I feel like it. Try it out.




Alright that's enough. I'm going to get ready for work. Enjoy the weekend.

www.hookermedia.com

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that you call the plastic "jar" that jif comes in a can. why, you ask? because petro calls his goods "the peanut butter can." why, again? because some girl was complaining it was "like a fucking jar of peanut butter!"

i love that kid.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Yeah shit. I was wondering why it felt so weird typing "can". I couldn't come up with anything else though.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with all of it.

ecept can one be best man and rmses at the same time? i sure hope so.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

except i can't type except... or ramesses.

i hope you can accept that.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Noelle said...

Are you called Hooker because you have a hook for a hand? Is that way too blunt of a question? I've only been reading your blog since NaBloMoPo, so I may have missed something... If so, you are way more badass than I originally thought. If not, it's awesome that you found that particular picture of peanut butter.

7:35 PM  
Blogger shelleycoughlin said...

Choosy Moms choose Jif. Because the stuff ROCKS.

I kinda dig the chunky style though.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home