Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Well well

Got into town early yesterday.

Took the subway to Central sq and decided that waiting for the bus is about as cool as giving Paul Stanley a nude piggy back ride.



So I decided to walk from Central to Union square (bout a mile and a half) to the motorcycle shop.

I was like a proud parent picking his kid up from Gymboree or something. As I waited for the mustachioed walrus behind the counter to get my paperwork together I peered out back to the stable of motorcycles, looking for mine.

It took a little while but when I actually caught site of my bike I actually muttered "theeere he iiiiis" like a complete buttclown.

Within a few minutes I was pulling out of the parking lot. It was as if I hadn't stopped riding for three months. Didn't skip a beat. Like... riding... a bike. Pure joy washed over me like a river of pure uh.. joy.



Here. I asked the guy to snap a photo of me.


I headed to the tattoo shop just to put my backpack and jacket down so I could go back out and take a nice ride, but I was immediately bombarded with a task of putting together and mailing a package. This meant I had to walk to the P.O. Where is it? Four blocks down? Ok.

No. Not that simple. Not for me. I walked four blocks. Five. Six? Couldn't find it. I ended up walking two miles. To Harvard. Halfway through my journey this dude walked up behind me and blurted a shitty joke.

Even before he was in my line of vision...

"Ever hear about that zen vacuum cleaner? It comes with no attachments"

He walked a little faster, sidling up next to me. I made a face as if he had just farted in a ski mask and put it on my head.

"I don't get it"

"Oh. Well I don't normally just tell jokes to strangers. I'm just happy to be alive today."

Wonderful.

I finally got to the P.O. Then I waited in line in front of and behind mothers with crying babies. Package sent. Took a bus back to the shop.

Last night and tonight I'm doing double duty. The shop and my crappy office job just cause I'm a nice guy and March is hell in the office.

Go tell a friend about my paintings and ramblings. Get me out of here.


www.hookermedia.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Noelle said...

It's too bad that the joke may have been mildly funny in any other situation. I am currently looking for a rich patron for you, but I may have to milk them a little myself first.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm actually quite interested in a painting (saw Ulli's and saw Sarah's on her blog), but am in a sad state of financial affairs currently. I will certainly be in touch, though, when things pick back up. :-)

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home