Saturday, January 06, 2007

Boiling oil

Last night was pretty sweet. We played in Portland, ME. My "real" band. Not the cover band. We're about two hours from Portland so the drive wasn't bad. The club, Genos, was pretty cool. The stage looked like a diarama. We played pretty well since we had a show the previous night here in Boston. The crowd was kind of small and I bummed out on that, but when we played everyone in the entire place was paying attention. The bartender stopped what she was doing to watch, the doormen stuck their heads into the room to see what the hell was going on.

After the show we headed a few miles south to a cheap hotel room and shared a 30 rack of Bud and a thousand potty stories that kept us all in good spirits.

We headed out this morning and hit Denny's for some pre-road diarrhea. We made it back to Quincy. The day was beautiful and apocalyptically warm. Don't get me wrong, I love nice 70 degree sunny days, but not here. Not in January. I'm kind of scared.

Anyways, we get about two miles from my house and as we drive by a house with a few teenagers on the porch I notice them staring at our van as we drive by. One of them points to the underside of it in amazement. I was the only one who saw this and told Andy to pull over. I get out and look to see smoke starting to billow from the engine's underside. Then everyone gets out in time to see our beloved Ford E-350 diarrhea her now-boiling oil out onto the street below her. Yes we used diarrhea as a verb. It was the only thing to keep us from total depression. Talk about poop jokes.

Long story already long, our van is now in a lot in Braintree, awaiting her diagnosis. I am without a means of transporting band equipment, the huge Vigo painting that has to come down this weekend, the weight set I've been wanting to buy and the screen printing press I've been saving up for.

I'm sorry I took you for granted, sweet E-350.

I hope you'll be alright.

4 Comments:

Blogger banjeroo said...

I just diarrhea'd my guts out laughing at the idea of stopping at Denny's for some pre-road diarrhea.

But yeah, I'm freaked out too because there's NO SNOW. This is CANADA. It's JANUARY. It's really messed up. Normally we have at least a foot.

Sorry to hear about the beast. Hope that gets sorted out with minimal hassle.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Lub Wag. Hopefully she'll pull through.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Lewis said...

Having lived in Portland and also having been to Genos, I'm glad to hear that there was no "pre" show diarrhea...

Hopefully you'll get to play the Big Easy (if it's still there...)

11:14 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

We played the big easy in November.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home