Monday, January 08, 2007

Horrible horrible memory

I went to NC in the middle of December. The Friday night I was there I went out to a bar with a couple friends of mine and we had ourselves a good ol' barhopping night.

I'm not really into the scene that downtown Charlotte had to offer. The first bar was full of beautiful girls and dudes all dressed the same in designer jeans and button down shirts with the first two buttons undone. Then the cover band fired up and the hits started filling my poor ears. Third Eye Blind. Sublime. Sister Hazel. AH! Thank god I always carry earplugs with me! I put them in as conspicuously in front of the band members as possible.

We moved on to a few other places before settling at some huge two story bar with a small line out front. The guy in front of us was a dork dressed in the same aforementioned clothing, but he was about 15 years older than everyone around him. He started boasting to us unprovoked about how he did more drugs, more chicks and saw cooler concerts than us. Great. Good work, dude. We stared at him puzzled.

My friend Will just told me about a song he was listening to earlier today. "Play" by David Banner. I'll spare you the lyrics, but it describes in great detail, one man's quest to pleasure his woman on a dance floor.

That sparked the horrible horrible memory from that night in mid December in Charlotte.

An hour or so after getting to that bar where brodude one-upped us in every aspect of awesome dude life, I caught up with him later on. He and his woman were standing with their backs to the bar. He was in front of her with a drink in his hand. He blurted something to me over the loud music and I kind of nodded and smiled and ignored him. I had no idea what he said. As I reached out to pay the bartender for my beer I noticed he had his left arm crammed down the woman's pants. He looked so proud of himself. I got the hell out of there as quick as I could.

2 Comments:

Blogger banjeroo said...

"Cram" + "pants" in the same sentence = magic

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently your other NC friends just don't know what's up... Sure, Charlotte has more than a few too many skeezy corporate types, but come on, you'll have that in a banking city! There are still plenty of shady bars that play decent music where frat boys wouldn't dare hang hang out...

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home