Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Maine getaway

My aunt works for a very large law firm in Boston. My corporate white guy office job does quarterly reports for said firm. It's all one big happy family. She, unlike me, enjoys the company of and does nice things for her coworkers. Last year before Christmas she asked if I could draw a house for a guy she works with. He's building this small place way the hell up in Nowhere, ME and is very passionate about his getaway house. It's his refuge from the grind of working for a florptastically successful law firm in a major US city.

My aunt asked me about the drawing just before I left for NC in the middle of the month so I didn't get to it until last last last minute, but I ended up getting it done for her. She said she had it framed and gave it to him the next day. I guess he was pretty touched by it. That was nice to hear. Anyways... here's the drawing I did for Maine house dude.




On an unrelated topic... if you have a roomate that considers making fried eggs once or twice a month and eating canned soup "cooking for himself"... don't be surprised if you wake up to find a skillet over flame with nothing in it, a bottle of vegetable oil with the cap off beside the smoking skillet and his car gone from the driveway one morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lewis said...

I think i've seen that place before..

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Anthony's a great cook huh?

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home