Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The teeth cleaning swan song

Next week it's official: I'll be working part time at my job so I can concentrate more on art and music. I can't believe I didn't try this before. I've been at this job so long. My boss and his boss were very cool about the whole thing. I'm willingly giving up health and dental benefits and almost half my paycheck, but it'll be worth it. I figure I'm going to be storing the motorcycle soon so that takes a pretty big risk out during my no-benefits time.

I'll be taking Tuesdays and Wednesdays off from here until... who knows when. If I can maintain focus and use my time wisely, I should be able to achieve a lot of the goals I've had set forever now.

Tomorrow I'm going in for the final teeth cleaning, then I'm done. Any doctors want to trade a painting for a checkup?

In triptych news, I worked on it for a while last night and also today after I woke up. Here's the latest progress.




Dave, I hope you and wife are as excited about it as I'm starting to be.


Hooker Media

4 Comments:

Blogger To Be Announced said...

That painting is gorgeous! Congrats on the new work hours... now is not the time to catch pneumonia or get hit by a bus or anything. Start taking your vitamins! :)

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jealous.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's awesome, congrats!

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Matt Hooker,

I, for one, am super excited about the painting! It's amazing.

And I wish that I wasn't too shy to talk to back in high school when we were in Marine Science. You always made me laugh though.

Congratulations on your new work hours!

~Suzanne

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home