Friday, January 19, 2007

Woke up confused.

Worked on a painting last night titled "Hey, that guy has a cannon for a head" from 11 to about 3:00. Set my alarm for 9:30 just to get an extra half hour. Woke up at 8:45 with the thought screaming in my head "I graduated high school 9 years ago. That's almost ten. Nine years ago. When is the reunion? Where will it be? Who will be there?" I had to get up and shake my head loose of the fog and waddled out, confused as hell, to the kitchen.

I was still half asleep for about ten minutes after waking. My brain screams at me between sleep and consciousness. Sometimes I am nearly asleep and the thought "You'll die some day. No really though, not now, but at some point it will be happening" will blast through my head. Then I have to sit up, take a deep breath and finally drift off to sleep.

Today was the same frantic manner of thought, but with the fact that I graduated high school nearly ten years ago.

Shut, up brain. How about screaming something useful for a change?

I wasn't gonna post the painting until it was done, but here's the progress so far. This was a blank canvas last night when I started....



It's going to be one of the pieces in the show I'm in at the Red Dot Gallery in Dorchester's Lower Mills. www.reddotgallery.org

ENJOY THE WEEKEND.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i frigging love that painting right there. love it.

side note- i do not think you can waddle if you tried.

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home