Thursday, January 25, 2007

Pangs of loss

I was on craigslist today looking at Triumphs for sale when it hit. My first phantom motorcycle ride. You ever go swimming all day at the beach and when you lie down for sleep at the end of the day you can still feel the waves crashing and tossing you around? I had that feeling today, but it was the rumble of starting the bike up, clicking into first gear and taking off.

It's going to be like a high of 9 tomorrow. I'm glad the bike's safe and sound in a garage. I'm pissed that I forgot my sweet sweet flannel hat my mom got me years ago, pictured below.



I wear this thing even in the house. I have no idea how I forgot it today when I left for work.

Oh well.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a damn fine hat.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Noelle said...

I get phantom vibrations from my cell phone. Motorcycle phantom vibrations are much cooler. I'm quite jealous. I also agree that the hat is a fine piece of clothing.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a cute picture. You look happy.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

I was talking to my roomate about phantom phone vibrations. I hate that. Right on my quadricep. Then I pat my leg and my phone is in my jacket pocket.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a hat like that, but the outside is green corduroy. those hats are so warm.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home