Tuesday, January 23, 2007

SCYTHE OF DOOM

Scythe is one of the coolest words ever. It's almost vowel-less. It's sexy. It takes some skill to say. Short. To the point. And I found a goddam huge one while walking home from the train last week after work. It was like four doors down from my house. Just hanging out on the sidewalk. Someone was throwing out this totally awesome huge scythe. Wait. Dammit. It has an E. I had to go back and add those E's.

Well here. Here look at my sickle. Scythe is so much better than sickle.

And lo, there's another peek at one of the new pieces that will be up in my first proper gallery art show bonanza.




This post is for banjeroo.

Enjoy. And look out for that package soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger banjeroo said...

MAN! That is so awesome!! Beautiful scythE. Wish I could be at the show. Toss back some wine and some cheese for me. Ogle some art.

I should have dedicated my recent "gittin' things DONE" post to you, Hooker, since you are clearly ALL ABOUT the gittin and the DONE.

(Did you know that for Halloween, I dressed as Death every year for like, a decade? It was just so easy, and perfect, and fun. Hmmm. What'll I be this year? Oh! How about DEATH?! Ah, memories.)

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm bored. update, you homo.

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is not just. Only YOU can find a frigging scythe in the garbage.I say you mount it on the back of the bike.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony has a scythe. Someone gave it to him a long time ago.
He loves it and wants to hang it above the front door of our house, but I'm afraid it will fall and decapitate someone.
You guys should compare scythes sometime.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

hahah. i'm currently trying to figure out a way to hang it above my desk.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home