Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Freedom

So yesterday was the beginning of the Tuesday and Wednesdays off from work. I woke up about 8:30 and grabbed a quick breakfast and then started painting. I finished the triptych I was working on.




After painting for a while I emailed back and forth with a guy who wants to buy a painting from me. We met up at a restaurant near my house and talked about doing a show at a shop he owns on the south shore this summer. I'll have more details on that as it's a ways off. This guy is a well-known clothier in Boston. Exciting.

I have to grab more canvas for the upcoming Dorchester show at the Red Dot Gallery.

Gah what else... hmmm.

OH. Jesus. A while ago I stumbled upon the artwork of Counsel Langley

I emailed her with a painting-trade proposition and somehow she was interested in doing a trade with me. Painting for a painting. Amazing. While I was away in NYC I got a text from Jenny freaking out about the painting which was posted on my myspace page. I scrambled to get to a computer and checked it out and was blown away.



I get to have this!

Off to the post office soon. I have to go try to ship Vigo to Ohio. Don't worry there will be prints of him.

I'm off.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God I love the way this triptych turned out. I think (other than my painting) I love your triptychs (am I even spelling that right?) the most. I might have to have one. I think I want a vertical one though.

And that Counsel painting? Ridiculous. I want one of those too.

Also ridiculous? Your apparent admirers. Some chick (many chicks?) got a crush on Hoookerrrr. haha.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

They are dudes.

You want one like turned on it's side? like lined up like the German flag instead of the Italian flag?

10:34 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Yes a German flag, exactly. Thank you for using the two flags of my ancestors as an example.

I want some kind of architectually inspired piece.

But you'll have to wait to start until I save up. Unless you want to trade in arts/services/printer/inks, I got nothing for you now ;)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

I'm cool with waiting. I have to come up with five new pieces by february.

11:04 AM  
Blogger To Be Announced said...

It came out great! Makes me realize I truly have no artisic ability ... jealous!

How do you feel about a Boston skyline for me?

12:11 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Caity send me an email and we'll talk about it. I'd love to do one for you.

matt at hookermedia dot com

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuck fuck fuck. you were the one who got that painting of counsel's? i was inquiring about it.

to say i am so fucking jealous is a total understatement.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

It's being traded for a triptych, so I'm not getting away scot free.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home